Re: [Monotone-devel] Keyword substitution?

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Keyword substitution?
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:30:54 -0500

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 09:56 -0700, Justin Patrin wrote:

> 2) You have different branches in each DB and are propagating between
> them while not syncing all branches to all servers. In this case it
> may be possible (I haven't tested this) to have a propagate from one
> branch show up in one DB while not having the revision history.

No. Every time a revision is received through netsync, it's parents are
also received, unless you already have them. If they are not received,
that revision is not added to your db and monotone prints a warning.

Having a revision in your db and not having it's parents is an error
condition. The same holds for their parents, etc., such that a database
contains the *entire history* of any rev it has. Anything else is an
error condition, and monotone will crash if it sees it.

Tim