[Monotone-devel] recent sunpro changes

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] recent sunpro changes
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 03:21:13 -0700

Some questions about the recent changes to support SunPro:
  - why remove lots of files from m4/?
  - is -Wall disabled by default, now?  If so, please re-enable it?
  - MM(): __func__ is the ISO standard equivalent to
    __PRETTY_FUNCTION__ (but worse, so we should prefer
    __PRETTY_FUNCTION__ when available).  I don't know if there's any
    way to make it work without typeof(), though?
  - All the explicit new[]/delete[]'s do not make me smile :-(.
    Even if auto_ptr doesn't work, surely we can do better with some
    sort of smart pointer.  (And I'm still not really convinced that
    you can't say "void foo(int x) { int arr[x]; ...}" in standard
    C++, but I guess there isn't much to do about that...?)
  - Botan changes (headers): please send upstream?  they look a little
    dubious, though; does
       #include <cstring>
      +#include <string.h>
    really make sense?

"The problem...is that sets have a very limited range of
activities -- they can't carry pianos, for example, nor drink
beer."