[Monotone-devel] Re: recent sunpro changes

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: recent sunpro changes
Date: 12 Aug 2005 13:03:27 +0200

Nathaniel Smith writes:

 > [Is] -Wall disabled by default, now? If so, please re-enable
 > it?

It might be a good idea to use the macro

  http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/vl_prog_cc_warnings.html

to do that, so that warnings are enabled using the appropriate
flags for the compiler.

 > MM(): __func__ is the ISO standard equivalent to
 > __PRETTY_FUNCTION__ (but worse, so we should prefer
 > __PRETTY_FUNCTION__ when available).

<boost/current_function.hpp> defines the BOOST_CURRENT_FUNCTION
macro for this purpose. It will come out as __PRETTY_FUNCTION__
most of the time anyway.

 > I'm still not really convinced that you can't say "void
 > foo(int x) { int arr[x]; ...}" in standard C++, but I guess
 > there isn't much to do about that...?)

I'm not quite sure either, but I seem to recall that support for
these kind of "dynamic" arrays was added in C99 for the first
time. I don't think C++ supports it.

Peter