[Monotone-devel] Re: [Monotone-commits-diffs] Revision eeef5ff823a54c2a6

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: [Monotone-commits-diffs] Revision eeef5ff823a54c2a678d40da6f658881679b809b
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:10:31 +0200

Eric Anderson writes:
Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker writes:
> Can I request a name change to "guess_binary_file"?
Perhaps guess_binary_from_filename (makes it clear that the function
doesn't take a LUA "file" object)?  I can't make the change, but
someone else should be able to.

Hmm, it seems we come from different schools of naming. My perspective is that a function name should describe what it does. This function check the file contents to see if it's binary. It does not check if the file name itself is binary or not. Therefore I think it should should say (with it's name) that it checks for binary file contents. Maybe "guess_binary_file_contents" then? Either way, "guess_binary_filename" feels confusing to me...
Are there instructions for subscribing to the commit list somewhere? I
couldn't find them on the monotone webpage, nor in a search for
monotone-commit-diffs.

mailto:address@hidden
mailto:address@hidden Take the one you want. The first gives you diffs (as attachments), the second just gives you instructions on how to get the diffs. The reason the instructions are missing is that they started as a semi-inofficial project, and apparently haven't gotten themselves further. I don't have rights to make changes to the web pages... Nathaniel?
Cheers,
Richard
-----
http://richard.levitte.org/