[Monotone-devel] Re: Proposal for human readable revision IDs

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Proposal for human readable revision IDs
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:02:22 +0100

Andy Jones <address@hidden> writes:

> Akgh.  Damn.   Wouldn't you also need to be able to select by the
> whatever you-changed-the-revision-id-to?

Yes.  We already have an "expand_selector" hook, so that might be
enough?  Ah, probably not---it probably needs some (readonly) access
to certs or something?

But anyway, there's quite a range of things that are already
acceptable selectors.  For example, for the "nickname", you could just
use tags, and they're already usable in selectors.  You'd probably
want to use a tag plus a date, I guess, and that's probably unique for
most uses of tags.