[Monotone-devel] Re: Cvssync status

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Cvssync status
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 20:51:09 +0100

Zbynek Winkler <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Has it been considered to let someone else do this work for monotone?
> I think git is using cvsps [1] to import cvs repositories.
>
> Zbynek
>
> [1] http://www.cobite.com/cvsps/

There's also Tailor, <http://www.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor>.  IIRC,
cvsps required "cvs history", and for some reason that failed on the
respository at work, for some reason.  I tried it a while ago, though,
so I may be mixing it up with some other tool.

I suspect that in general given a sufficiently old cvs repository, any
tool other than cvs is going to find something wrong with it.  Which
makes tailor a nice tool to try: it uses cvs client commands, and it's
fairly easily hackable.  (On the down side, there are things it
doesn't attempt to do, like automatically converting tags and
branches.)