Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Cvssync status

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Cvssync status
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 22:59:53 +0200

Bruce Stephens schrieb:
> There's also Tailor, <http://www.darcs.net/DarcsWiki/Tailor>.  IIRC,
> cvsps required "cvs history", and for some reason that failed on the
> respository at work, for some reason.  I tried it a while ago, though,
> so I may be mixing it up with some other tool.
>
> I suspect that in general given a sufficiently old cvs repository, any
> tool other than cvs is going to find something wrong with it.  Which
> makes tailor a nice tool to try: it uses cvs client commands, and it's
> fairly easily hackable.  (On the down side, there are things it
> doesn't attempt to do, like automatically converting tags and
> branches.)

That's neither the focus of cvssync (though I plan to add CVS branch
support this week (before I clean up)).

Last I looked tailor did have shortcomings compared to cvssync for this
specific task (CVS-monotone synchronization) and seemed rather difficult
to set up, so I stayed with what I had already achieved. I can not
comment on the current situation, though.

   Christof