[Monotone-devel] Further adventures with 0.24 upgrade

From: Howard Spindel
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Further adventures with 0.24 upgrade
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 00:32:09 -0800

At 08:00 PM 12/6/2005, Timothy  Brownawell wrote:

> Tim,
>
> Is your cert renaming Perl script going to be fixable under Windows?
>
> Thanks,
> Howard

Yes, I thought I sent out a fixed version? Should be attached to this
message too, or remove the single quotes around the i: on line 42.

Tim

Thank you, Tim.

I followed all of the steps. Everything checked out okay at each step of the process - correct number of certs processed at each step, no error messages.

When I was done, I attempted a commit on the database that the Perl script had fixed up. The commit gave me a warning "monotone: warning: ignoring bad signature by 'address@hidden' on 'address@hidden:My40]'

I don't know what the "My40" thing means - it's not a tag or branchname I created.

In fact, if I perform a "monotone log --diffs" I get tons of warnings about ignoring bad signatures on old certs for dates, branches, changelogs, and authors.

I'm positive that changed the key to the good key before using chkpl to rename the temp certs to the good certs.

The good news is that the same key works on both of my databases now, but I'd rather not have the warning on every checkin.

Thanks for any further help you can give.

Howard