Re: [Monotone-devel] user expirience (speed issue)

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] user expirience (speed issue)
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 10:10:51 +0100

Hello Nathaniel,

thank you very much for your detailed answer. I'll keep an eye on the
roasted branch! cvssync is not an option for me, since I don't have CVS
access on the postgresql.org repository.

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 13:45 -0800, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> 5 minutes?  Ouch, I assume that's all in the "finding items to
> synchronize" part (the first row of tickers)?

I'm sorry, that was a rough guess. I've measured again:

first pull: 51s

then I did a 'db execute "analyze;"' as another user on the list
suggested and pulled again:

second pull: 32s

That's completely okay! The analyze returned 0 rows. I guess the large
difference comes from the server having cached the database the second
time. Also it's a shared-virtual-server thingie (UML based) - thus it
may be quite slow compared to other systems.

Regards

        Markus