Re: [Monotone-devel] Error and freeze in the roster branch

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Error and freeze in the roster branch
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 11:21:59 -0600

On Sat, 2005-12-24 at 09:12 +0100, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems like there's something fishy going on.  I'm running Debian
> [unstable], always freshly updated, and trying the rosters branch, the
> tests stop at this:
>
> 226: netsync permissions
>
> It seems like the temporary monotone server isn't killed, I've no clue
> why right now.  Also, the corresponding log indicates there's a
> parsing error while reading the read permissions (see the attached
> testsuite.log).
>
> Killing the temporary server enables the tests to continue running.

Yes. This seems to happen whenever something fails while the temporary
server is running.

> t_netsync_permissions.at:38: exit code was 1, expected 0

I *think* that what happens is that when this makes the test fail, the
rest of it (including the code to kill the server) doesn't get executed,
but the testsuite still waits for the server to exit before continuing
to the next test.

Tim