[Monotone-devel] Monotone-viz release 0.13

From: Olivier Andrieu
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Monotone-viz release 0.13
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 00:13:22 +0100

Hi,

I've just released monotone-viz 0.13 http://oandrieu.nerim.net/monotone-viz/
Two tarballs, one with a bundled lablgtk:
  http://oandrieu.nerim.net/monotone-viz/monotone-viz-0.13.tar.gz
one without:
  http://oandrieu.nerim.net/monotone-viz/monotone-viz-0.13-nolablgtk.tar.gz
and a binary (Linux x86):
  http://oandrieu.nerim.net/monotone-viz/monotone-viz.exe.gz

There's not much new stuff, the big difference since 0.12 is support
for monotone 0.26pre1. Simply change the path to the monotone
executable in the preferences.

The other important change is that `disapprove' nodes are no longer
displayed in a special way (the diamond shape). The reason is that
monotone-viz used to fetch all `changelog' certs from the db to
determine which nodes were merges/propagates and which were
disapproves. But this is quite slow for typical databases. Since
merges nodes are easy to find (they have more than one parent), the
cert parsing step was only required for disapprove nodes. Those aren't
very frequent in my databases, so I felt I'd just lose the information
and skip this step.

--
   Olivier