[Monotone-devel] Re: Interest in a mtsh Windows port

From: Christof Petig
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Interest in a mtsh Windows port
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 09:33:02 +0100

Timothy Brownawell wrote:
> It's not mentioned anywhere because it doesn't really work (yet). It
> compiles and runs, but tends to hang whenever it has to talk to the

My experiences so far are:
 - browse the workspace (diff, contents, unknown files etc): no hang
 - add a file: monotone hangs directly after this

I will investigate further once I find more time to do it (likely not
this week).

It looks like my Netxx::PipeStream or any other specially crafted pipe
is only needed if you want to time out when reading from the pipe (non
blocking with waiting a determined time for the first character to arrive).

> monotone process. IIRC, it also has problems with the 'automate stdio'
> output getting mangled "\n"->"\r\n".

Ah, that one is easily fixed:

  _setmode( _fileno( stdin ), _O_BINARY );
  _setmode( _fileno( stdout ), _O_BINARY );

[you have to this on both sides of the pipe of course].

   Christof