[Monotone-devel] Re: Approval revisited...

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Approval revisited...
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:44:34 +0000

Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Personally, I think the functionality of 'disapprove' should move to
> 'revert' ('revert -r REV [RESTRICTION]; commit'), and 'approve' could
> just go away, or stay on until we have a real story, or whatever.

That would stomp over any local changes, wouldn't it?

I like the extended revert.  That would let you revert a file or
directory back to whatever it was in some previous revision, which
seems useful.

This all feels close to what "patch" would do, if it existed.  Only
patch would also allow cherrypicking and things.  And if we had a
"monotone patch -r REV1 -r REV2" (as a useful shorthand for "monotone
diff -r REV1 -r REV2 | monotone patch"), then that would do the same
as subversion's merge, so there's potential for a bit of confusion, I
suspect.

[...]