Re: [Monotone-devel] Passphrase no more accepted?

From: Daniel Carosone
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Passphrase no more accepted?
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:20:37 +1100

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 02:16:03AM +0100, Mustafa Yuecel wrote:
> > Were you using 0.25 through the whole time, or were some of the
> > earlier steps done with an older monotone?
>
> I guess I was using 0.22 or 0.23 first (public/private key generation and
> export
> with pubkey/privkey).

Please try taking a copy of a database you were using with 0.23, and
using the monotone 0.25 binary, run "monotone db migrate" on this
database file. This should populate your keystore and migrate the key
format.  From there, if you need to, you can export and import to the
original db.

There was a bug at some point reading old-format keys in packet format
as emitted by old versions of monotone.  I think that was fixed before
0.25, and furthermore that you'd see different problems if this was
the issue, but I must admit i'm having diffuculty understanding
exactly what you're doing and what your problem is.

Does the passphrase you thought was correct still work with a 0.23
binary?

--
Dan.