Re: [Monotone-devel] invariant 'I(is_valid_internal(data()))' violated

From: Matthew Gregan
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] invariant 'I(is_valid_internal(data()))' violated
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:56:08 +1300

At 2006-02-12T22:57:42-0600, Glen Ditchfield wrote:
> Monotone 0.25 "automate inventory" is reporting an invariant violation. The
> problem seems to be a file in my .kde directory.  I can reproduce the error
> by copying .kde into a clean sandbox created from a fresh database.  I just
> built the monotone from the source tarball on SuSE 9.2, using Boost 1.33 from
> the Packman archives and SuSE packages for everything else.  The debug file
> is attached.  Here's a script of how I did it.

Thanks for the report!

> paths.cc:215: invariant 'I(is_valid_internal(data()))' violated
> saving current work set: 1 items
> finished saving work set
> statement cache statistics
> prepared 5 statements
> 1 executions of SELECT data FROM manifests WHERE id = ?
> 1 executions of SELECT data FROM revisions WHERE id = ?
> 1 executions of SELECT id FROM manifest_deltas WHERE id = ?
> 2 executions of SELECT id FROM manifests WHERE id = ?
> 1 executions of SELECT id FROM revisions WHERE id = ?
> Current work set: 1 items
> ----- begin 'data' (in file_path::file_path(file_path::source_type, const
> std::string&), at paths.cc:214)
> .kde/cache-salver/http/e/www3.empathica.com_sxml_seccup_images\spacer.gif_5cf2cef5-----
>    end 'data' (in file_path::file_path(file_path::source_type, const
> std::string&), at paths.cc:214)

monotone does not consider filenames containing backslahes to be valid
because they may be interpreted differently on different platforms.

While this constraint is fairly sensible for files monotone is managing, in
this particular case the file just happens to exist within the set of
directories that 'automate inventory' is printing status information for,
but monotone is not managing the file, and therefore probably shouldn't be
concerned about whether it is well-formed in terms of filenames that
monotone considers valid.

Any chance you can file a bug for this in our bug tracker?

Cheers,
-mjg
--
Matthew Gregan                     |/