Re: [Monotone-devel] question about cvs import

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] question about cvs import
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:29:22 -0800

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 06:49:13PM +0200, Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 09:05 -0600, Jordan Breeding wrote:
> > Does cvs import know how to create real branch points on import yet?
>
> monotone can currently import cvs branches, but does not connect them to
> the parent branch. This is because it's often not easy to correctly
> determinate the time of the branching.
>
> I'm working on a solution and have already written automatic tests, but
> that's about it as of now. Currently I'm quite busy so I can't promise
> anything.

Anything you can manage will be great!  I know this is a really important
feature for a lot of people...

> By the way: Nathaniel, is it okay to work in a branch
> n.v.m.experiment.cvsimport? Or what branch name would you propose? My
> public key is attached.

I went to add your public key, but it looks like you sent it before
and it was already added :-).  So you should have push access to
venge.net.

Please do work on a branch under n.v.m.... as for the particular name,
eh, whatever, we don't really have any consistent policy.  Maybe
n.v.m.cvsimport-branch-reconstruction or something, that's a little
more descriptive?

Eternity is very long, especially towards the end.
  -- Woody Allen