Re: [Monotone-devel] cvsimport branch reconstruction

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cvsimport branch reconstruction
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 19:46:58 +0200

Markus Schiltknecht wrote:

1) a 'commit', 'branch' and 'commit (on branch or parent)' should be
some seconds apart.

I have a release script which does some tagging and committing automatically. Although it wouldn't hit this limitation, that's only because it doesn't use branch tags. If, on the limited sample provided by this ML, I'm almost hitting the limitation, it sounds like people in the wider world are almost certain to hit it.

Generally, I'm in agreement with you about using RCS data. Apart from the lack of time resolution and the potential interaction with scripts as noted above, time has a tendency to sometimes jump around on non-NTP-synced machines (admin notices it's a minute off, corrects it).

Presumably, for CVS to work, the RCS data would have to be correct, whereas CVS doesn't use the date values?

--
Jon