[Monotone-devel] Re: cvsimport branch reconstruction

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: cvsimport branch reconstruction
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 15:15:51 +0100

Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> I'm not really qualified to even judge whether this approach is good
> or not.  But maybe I could become more qualified, and everyone else
> too, if you worked out what cvs2svn does to solve this problem, and
> posted a description of that?  (Perhaps with a comparison of what it
> does differently, too.)

It's described pretty well in design-notes.txt in the source:
<http://cvs2svn.tigris.org/source/browse/cvs2svn/trunk/design-notes.txt>.

With respect to branches and things, cvs2svn has more flexibility
(which it appears to use, if it has to), in that (like CVS) different
files can be branched at different times.  (This is described towards
the end of the file.)

[...]