Re: [Monotone-devel] Uhmmm, why do we need more than one way?

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Uhmmm, why do we need more than one way?
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:19:29 +0200

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker schrieb:
I just noticed the addition of po/po-update.sh, and I wonder why we
need it, as it basically does the same as (cd po; make ${lang}.mo).

Sorry, I've added it because I wasn't aware that the above thing
existed. Basically, when I started on the German translation, I had
absolutely no pointer how to start and njs didn't know much about i18n
neither. I'll try your way and remove the script / update the README
appropriately tonite.

The biggest trouble, as I see it, is that po/po-update.sh doesn't
support building in a directory separated from the source tree.

Hrmm... call me stupid / a newbie, but what's the use case for that? I
mean, the original pot file has to be created from the source files
first anyways. Just out of interest...

Thomas.