Re: [Monotone-devel] Uhmmm, why do we need more than one way?

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Uhmmm, why do we need more than one way?
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:57:39 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:15:04 +0200, Thomas Keller
<address@hidden> said:

me>  Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker schrieb:
me>  > I just noticed the addition of po/po-update.sh, and I wonder
me>  > why we need it, as it basically does the same as (cd po; make
me>  > ${lang}.mo).

A small note: that statement was incorrect.  The correct one is like
this:

(cd po; make monotone.pot-update && make ${lang}.mo ${lang}.gmo)

me>  > The biggest trouble, as I see it, is that po/po-update.sh
me>  > doesn't support building in a directory separated from the
me>  > source tree.
me>
me> Hrmm... call me stupid / a newbie, but what's the use case for
me> that? I mean, the original pot file has to be created from the
me> source files first anyways. Just out of interest...

Maybe it's just me, but I'm used to do everything from the build tree,
and if something is needed to be done in the source tree, I expect the
tools to do it for me.  po/Makefile supports that.

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/