Re: [Monotone-devel] How to determine if a file is version controlled?

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] How to determine if a file is version controlled?
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 23:26:32 +0100

Wim Oudshoorn <address@hidden> writes:

> I was trying to extend my emacs mode for monotone
> and for this I wanted to know if a certain file
> is tracked by monotone.
> To my surprise, I couldn't easily figure out an efficient way
> to do this.

Can't you just use "monotone ls known"?

"monotone ls known <file>" will either print out just <file>, or print
nothing (if the file exists but isn't tracked), or print an error (I
presume using cerr) and return an error status.  So that's not very
clean, but it seems OK to me.

I guess in automate you'd have to use "automate inventory", or
something, which doesn't seem ideal.  Would be OK if you did it
occasionally, though, say on startup or when you expected that it
might have changed.

[...]