[Monotone-devel] Re: Getting rid of bad signatures is certs

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Getting rid of bad signatures is certs
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:12:09 +0100

Matthias Hoelzl <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Is there some way for me to get rid of these certificates or (even
> better) to sign them with my key or have him sign them with his good
> key?

Creating new certs is easy, just use "monotone cert <rev> <name>
<value>".  So you can easily produce well signed versions of those
certs (use "monotone automate certs <rev>" to find what the existing
certs contain).

Removing the old ones is trickier.  I think the only way to do it is
by using db execute.  So you could make a copy of the database, then
do

   monotone db execute "drop from revision_certs where
id='65e0ed8783197348f16b0fa8baf839153e06bb95'"

then add the new certs.

You'd need everyone with a copy of the database to do the "db execute"
thing, otherwise I think the bad certs will reappear.

I think that would work, anyway.  (Untested, no warranty, etc.  Make a
backup first!)