Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: results of mercurial user survey

From: Zbynek Winkler
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: results of mercurial user survey
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:57:47 +0200

Nathaniel Smith wrote:

As it happens, the actual checking proper seems to be almost invisible
in profiles of 0.26's pulls.  There's still some reason to think that
this is all doable.  So, that's why I think we should keep trying the
"improve speed while refusing to give up safety" strategy for now...
I do not know the code as much, but IIRC monotone still stores reverse-deltas but sends forward-deltas over netsync? Or is this only issue with the dumb/plain interface? When doing fresh pull this could be a significant overhead...

Zbynek

--
http://zw.matfyz.cz/     http://robotika.cz/
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic