[Monotone-devel] Re: emacs monotone integration once more

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: emacs monotone integration once more
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 18:14:26 +0200

Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 11:19:40PM +0200, Wim Oudshoorn wrote:

>> Also I do not have a lot of time to keep this up.  I mostly
>> just fix things that annoy me in the most time efficient matter.
>
> Would you be interested in sticking it on the server at venge.net?
> That way other people could easily contribute if they got the itch, as
> well.  Do we have a key for you?

That is fine with me.  But, at the moment there is one problem,
I am using monotone 0.23 at the moment.
I will convert to 0.26 or later soon, pending one issue I have
with certificates in 0.26.  But I will detail that in another e-mail.

Also I need to think about how to organize the synchronization.
I don't want all of venge.net in my database and the otherway around,
I don't want all of my database to end up in venge.net.

So what I would like is to set up my database such that if I type

mtn sync venge.net

I will not send my private branches and not receive any branches
I am not interested in.  The last is easy with the exclude pattern,
but the first I do not really know how to.  Because
when I type

mtn sync my-other-machine

I DO want a full synchronization.

Wim Oudshoorn.