[Monotone-devel] Re: Getting all certificates efficiently

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Getting all certificates efficiently
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 23:07:09 +0200

Lapo Luchini <address@hidden> writes:

> Nathaniel Smith <njs <at> pobox.com> writes:
>
>> >      monotone db execute "SELECT id,name,value FROM revision_certs"
>> Hrm.  I was doing to say "SELECT id, name, base64(value) FROM
>> revision_certs", but it looks like we don't actually expose a base64
>> function to sqlite.
>
> mtn db execute 'SELECT id,name,quote(value) FROM revision_certs'
>
> This does extract value in X'0123456789abcdef' format.
> (even easier to use than base64, imho)

Thanks that works.
Unfortunately it is still quite a bit slower than with the base64
encoded version but that is the fault of emacs.  (Emacs has a builtin
function to decode base64 but not for the quoted format above.)

However I got my emacs mode to work with monotone v0.26.

a screenshot can be found at:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~woudshoo/monotone/index.html

Wim Oudshoorn.