Re: [Monotone-devel] slick pictures

From: Daniel Carosone
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] slick pictures
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 07:50:38 +1000

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 10:44:56PM +0200, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
> In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 15 May 2006 09:16:16 -0700, Nathaniel
> Smith <address@hidden> said:
>
> njs> Perhaps to inspire someone :-):
> njs>
> http://people.type-z.org/seb/mercurial/v1.0/Mercurial-QuickStart-v1.0-120dpi.png
> njs>
> http://people.type-z.org/seb/mercurial/v1.0/Mercurial-Usage-v1.0-120dpi.png
> njs>   http://people.type-z.org/seb/mercurial/v1.0/
>
> Oh my, that's beautiful!

It is nice, though perhaps it does try to cram just a few too many
things in on the second page?

I have some short documents i've written for one largish project team
which try to convey some of the same thing, including a diagram
showing the scope of common commands (push/pull remote vs
commit/update local, etc).  I wish they looked more like this though,
or that I had time and talent to make them so.  I'll have a go..

Grouping commands like this can be a good way for us to see where the
UI needs improving, too (ie, something that doesn't fit well).

--
Dan.