Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: mtn pull venge.net fail on windows

From: Ingo Maindorfer
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: mtn pull venge.net fail on windows
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 15:21:14 +0200

Hi Matthew,

Is the other computer also running Windows XP SP2?

Yes.

We haven't had any other reports of problems like this.  I've tried
reproducing this behaviour (with the exact same command-line options) on a
couple of different XP SP2 systems without any luck... pull works just fine
for me.  The command-line options you're passing look fine.

search for '_MTN' ended at 'D:/test' with '' removed
working root is 'D:/test'
initial relative path is ''
options path is _MTN/options

What is in D:/test/_MTN/options?

branch "de.fhg.ipm.test"
database "d:/mtn_db/test.db"

nothing else.

This is strange... there's no error being logged, and we go from reading
data from the network to being in transaction rollback state.  Is there
anything logged to the console (stdout/stderr) after the line 'connecting to
venge.net'?  Can you paste the output of an attempting pull without
'--debug' and '--dump=...' specified?

Ok, her it goes:

D:\test>mtn --db=d:\mtn_db\test.db pull venge.net net.venge.monotone
mtn: doing anonymous pull; use -kKEYNAME if you need authentication
mtn: connecting to venge.net
mtn: fatal: std::runtime_error: network error: select(2): Unknown error
mtn:
mtn: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
mtn: please send this error message, the output of 'mtn --full-version',
mtn: and a description of what you were doing to address@hidden
mtn: wrote debugging log to D:/test/_MTN/debug
mtn: if reporting a bug, please include this file

The only difference between my computers is, that's my laptop running XP from Dell witch has PAE switched on. I'll try to disable this try it again.

Bye, Ingo