[Monotone-devel] Subversion Update Command Considered Harmful

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Subversion Update Command Considered Harmful
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:13:48 +0100

<http://willowbend.cx/2006/06/19/subversion-update-command-considered-harmful/>

I'm not quite sure what it's saying, except that review is important,
and that CVS and subversion don't make it so easy.  I'm not sure why
he argues that that makes git better.

(The basic approach seems very familiar: construct a change, email out
a description and patch for review, and (after review) apply it, is
one that we've been using at work for years---with scripts around
CVS.)

But anyway, it's another vote for the importance of workflow support,
I suppose.