Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki and monotone

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki and monotone
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:36:10 +1000

    Brian> Hello, Anyone considered adding monotone support to
    Brian> ikiwiki?

    Brian> http://ikiwiki.kitenet.net/

No response?

Nobody interested?

In case I am wrong, I did see this post:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/monotone-devel/2006-02/msg00145.html

    Brian> * How do you determine the creation date/time of a file? Or
    Brian> the data/time of the first revision would probably be
    Brian> sufficient too.

Is there a better way?

1. base_id = `mtn automate get_base_revision_id`
2. output= `mtn get_roster $base_id`
3. birth_id= `scan $output for birth revision id for $file`
4. output= `mtn automate certs $birth_id`
5. scan output for date certificates.
6. decide what to do if multiple date certificates appear.

Steps 3 and 5 appear non-trivial and inefficient.

Maybe if I could replace the above with the following steps :

1. base_id = `mtn automate get_base_revision_id`
2. birth_id= `mtn get_roster $base_id $file birth`
3. date=`mtn automate certs $birth_id date | head 1`

(I note mtn automate certs returns a signature "ok" field - does this
mean it will list signatures that are not OK?)

Or is there a better way?
--
Brian May <address@hidden>