Re: [Monotone-devel] Status on multiple --message commit patch?

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Status on multiple --message commit patch?
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 01:41:43 -0700

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 10:45:54PM -0700, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 10:21:15PM -0400, Evan Deaubl wrote:
> > Just following the advice in the HACKING file and making sure the patch I
> > submitted a week and a half ago didn't slip through the cracks.  Here's
> > the link to the most recent patch in the archive:
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/monotone-devel/2006-10/msg00028.html .
> > Thanks!
>
> Doh, indeed, I did miss that, and it looks like no-one else committed
> it either.  Committed to mainline, and thanks for the reminder, and
> patch!

Hmm -- though it seems to have broken a number of tests :-).  The
offending change in all the cases I looked at seemed to be that with
the patch, "-m foo" now causes the commit message to be "foo\n",
rather than straight "foo".  Not too unreasonable a change... but I'm
going to bed, not fixing the tests right now ;-).

The details can be found (in the midst of rather a bit of chatter)
from http://venge.net/monotone/buildbot/

"If you can explain how you do something, then you're very very bad at it."
  -- John Hopfield