[Monotone-devel] Re: cvsimport branch reconstruction status

From: Graydon Hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: cvsimport branch reconstruction status
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:38:23 -0700

Markus Schiltknecht wrote:

It's still experimental code, though. I have not implemented splitting of blobs nor tags, so other test cases fail. But switching to using blobs of cvs events has been done. Now, during parsing of the RCS files, all cvs events are collected in blobs, depending only on the author / changelog information.

I'm confused then. The old code already does this (and reconstructs branches). I thought you were just working on an improvement to the branch-reconstruction algorithm.

As I'm not that experienced with C++ I would really appreciate some guidance WRT style and coding conventions. I'm still missing the ease of use of the foot-gun I would call 'C pointers', for example.

I'll try to take some time to review it.

Another note: I've decided to use boost graph's topological sort before noting that monotone coded it's own graph stuff. Is it a bad idea to link to boost graph?

I'd prefer you didn't, but I suppose it's sort of a case-by-case thing. It's a hefty compile-time requirement, and the code to interface with it isn't pretty.

-graydon