[Monotone-devel] cvsimport branch reconstruction status

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: [Monotone-devel] cvsimport branch reconstruction status
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:02:18 +0200

Hi,

as you may know, I'm trying to implement the cvs2svn 2.0 algorithm inside monotones cvs_import command. I've made quite some progress recently, and just yesterday, my two test cases checking for correct branching succeeded.

It's still experimental code, though. I have not implemented splitting of blobs nor tags, so other test cases fail. But switching to using blobs of cvs events has been done. Now, during parsing of the RCS files, all cvs events are collected in blobs, depending only on the author / changelog information.

Then the blobs dependencies are checked. As I did not implement splitting blobs, the import just fails in case of circular deps.

Finally, the boost graph topological sort algorithm is invoked to feed the blobs in the correct order to the cluster_consumer, which could more or less be used as is from the current code.

As I'm not that experienced with C++ I would really appreciate some guidance WRT style and coding conventions. I'm still missing the ease of use of the foot-gun I would call 'C pointers', for example.

Another note: I've decided to use boost graph's topological sort before noting that monotone coded it's own graph stuff. Is it a bad idea to link to boost graph?

Regards

Markus