Re: Re: [Monotone-devel] Beta testing new ViewMTN

From: Grahame Bowland
Subject: Re: Re: [Monotone-devel] Beta testing new ViewMTN
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:01:04 +0800

On 11/10/06, Marcel van der Boom <address@hidden> wrote:
Grahame,

Gave it a shot, couple of questions:

- what is the replacement of wrapper.py? viewmtn.py? I tried that but
comes back with errors that it doesnt contain a handler.
- i got some errors that it couldnt determine a xdg_data_home. I
havent dived in yet (this is basically a stock debian/testing machine
running apache2/mod_python)
What's the preferred way to cater for this?

Hi Marcel

This should be fixed in the current HEAD revision; viewmtn should now
cope if it can't find the shared-mime-info database. On Debian you can
just go "apt-get install shared-mime-info" to get very accurate
mimetype information.

Cant tell you something else yet except that the 'internal server
error' works perfectly ;-)

If you want to run the new viewmtn under Apache, you'll need to use
FastCGI. I haven't set this up myself yet, but I know it's possible;
 http://www.fastcgi.com/
seems to be what you need.

If you do get it going I'd really appreciate a configuration snippet,
which I'll include in the documentation when I release 0.06.

I have ViewMTN working happily standalone and under lighttpd. If in
doubt, run it standalone to verify that everything is working okay
(./viewmtn.py).

Cheers
Grahame