Re: [Monotone-devel] installation problems: configure does not find boos

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] installation problems: configure does not find boost
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:32:26 -0700

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 12:59:44PM +0200, Sven Sandberg wrote:
> I'm trying to install monotone for the first time. I'm using Debian
> linux, kernel 2.6.8-2-686. When I ran ./configure, everything went fine
> until it checked for boost:
>
> checking boost version 1.33.1 or newer... no
> configure: error: boost 1.33.1 or newer required
>
> and then it stopped. Then I installed boost_1_33_1 and then I ran
> monotone's configure again, but it gives the same error message again. I
> did run make install for boost_1_33_1. What am I doing wrong?

Try installing the boost development packages -- on debian
  # apt-get install libboost-dev
should work.  (You could save some disk-space by carefully installing
just libboost-<foo>-dev packages for the libraries monotone actually
uses, but just grabbing the whole pile of them is easiest.)

> PS. Then I tried to subscribe to this mailing list through the web
> interface at http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/monotone-devel,
> but after almost a day I did not get the confirmation email.

I dunno -- check your spam filter?  Otherwise, I'd talk to the
savannah admins -- they actually run this list.

In mathematics, it's not enough to read the words
you have to hear the music