Re: [Monotone-devel] Extensions to automation, again

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Extensions to automation, again
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:28:03 -0500

Timothy Brownawell <address@hidden>  wrote:
> > automate get_file_size PATH [REVISION]
> >  -> returns the size in Bytes of the file in that version in history
>
> Might be slightly useful, but only if we change the database schema
> to support it.

Couldn't file size be included as a "dead" attribute?  Meaning no
action is taken to "restore" the file size, just that it is kept as
information regarding the file at that point in time (that revision).
Really, it seems that file attributes are "the way" to attach metadata
to a file inside monotone.

It would be interesting if someone were to try to attach POSIX ACL
files or extended attributes to a file through attributes. ;-)

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/