Re: [Monotone-devel] Extensions to automation, again

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Extensions to automation, again
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:16:27 +0200

Thomas Keller schrieb:
Yes, a file gets automatically a "mtn:manual_merge" attribute attached, but I'm unsure if this is persistent? I.e. will it come back even if I removed it explicitely in some revision?

I'm just answering my own question here and I have to say "no": neither does monotone stop me from removing the "mtn:manual_merge" from a binary file nor is this later magically re-added to the file (it seems as this property is only set when the file is initially added).

Even worse monotone seems to rely on this single attribute and has no other internal flag for it, because if I create divergence it is happy to provide this binary file to a 3-way diff program on a merge.

Thomas.

--
- "I know that I don't know." (Sokrates)
Guitone, a frontend for monotone: http://guitone.berlios.de