Re: [Monotone-devel] netsync transport encryption?

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] netsync transport encryption?
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:18:18 +1000

    >> Yeah, but if your code is secret enough that you're worried
    >> about people using packet sniffing to get at deltas (not even
    >> complete files), then you probably already *have* a VPN set up
    >> to redirect everything you do through the corporate firewall
    >> anyway...

    Daniel> *And* you better have disk encryption for your database
    Daniel> and workspaces, and secure platforms and applications to
    Daniel> protect the data in them, and...  a number of other
    Daniel> important things monotone isn't going to be able to solve
    Daniel> for you.

I trust the security of my computer (as it is under my direct control)
more then the network connection (which may not be under my direct
control - eg. if I use the Internet).

So encrypting databases and workspaces, while might be required for
some applications often would be overkill for my applications.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>