[Monotone-devel] GUI commit tool

From: Steve Borho
Subject: [Monotone-devel] GUI commit tool
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:40:07 -0600

Hello,

  I'm trying to add a Monotone back-end to my GUI commit tool Qct.  I
have most of it working now except for the actual commit itself.
Monotone is expecting a passphrase to be entered on the command line in
order to accept the commit, and this is anathema to a GUI app.  Is
there a way around this (can I ask for the passphrase in a popup window
then pass it to 'mtn commit' somehow)?

  I'm not subscribed to this list, so please include me personally in
any replies.  Thanks.

<introduction>
  Qct is a Python/Qt4 application which is portable across Unix/Linux,
OSX, and Windows (but not cygwin yet because it lacks Qt4).  It was
written initially for Mercurial, but now supports back-ends for Bazaar,
Perforce, and CVS.  Git and Subversion back-ends are also in progress.

  It tries to be very good at it's basic purpose: allowing you to browse
your working directory changes, select which changes you wish to commit
together (including selecting changes within single files), and then do
the commit.

Development Repo: http://hg.borho.org/qct
Download Tarball: http://hg.borho.org/qct/archive/tip.tar.gz
</introduction>