Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [HACKERS] SCMS question

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [HACKERS] SCMS question
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:25:16 +0100

Hi,

A.M. wrote:
Maybe I can help.

Sure! Checkout my branch net.venge.monotone.cvsimport-branch-reconstruction

I've documented what I did on the wiki:
www.venge.net/monotone/wiki/CvsImport

You may also want to join the monotone mailing list (CCed), or hang out in the IRC channel #monotone (on OFTC: irc://irc.oftc.net/#monotone).

I wrote a bugzilla->trac importer (better than the one in the trac repo).

A very friendly and helpful guy, called Thomas Moschny, has already started TracMonotone, maybe help him? See:
http://tracmtn.1erlei.de/

Also, I could work on the postgresql backend for monotone so that the postgresql project could host itself.

For good reasons, that's probably not wanted. Please read the monotone FAQ: http://venge.net/mtn-wiki/FAQ (OTOH, I'm also still somewhat biased towards PostgreSQL. I have to admit, though, that SQLite has never disappointed me so far.)

What could really, is optimize the database usage concerning locking, see:
http://venge.net/mtn-wiki/DatabaseLocking

I hope to have given some good starting points.

Regards

Markus