[Monotone-devel] Re: [HACKERS] SCMS question

From: Alvaro Herrera
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: [HACKERS] SCMS question
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:22:57 -0300

A.M. wrote:

> On Feb 22, 2007, at 13:00 , Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>

> >One thing that Monotone doesn't do to which we are used to, is
> >$Id$-style keyword expansion.  The only other problem I see
> >currently is
> >the long time to get an initial pull.
>
> Monotone will never support such templating because it relies on SHA
> hashing to track the repo history, so changing the repo before the
> hashing would mean that monotone would have to track pre- and post-
> templated files.

I know :-(   My question is, what is the mechanism used to replace it?

One thing of note is that we have some files derived from NetBSD, Tcl,
zic, and others, and we have $NetBSD$ tags in there (etc) to track the
exact file we copied.  It would be nice to have a simple mechanism to do
that as well.

How does Monotone solve this problem?

--
Alvaro Herrera                         http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvherre/
"Cuando mañana llegue pelearemos segun lo que mañana exija" (Mowgli)