Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [HACKERS] SCMS question

From: Larry Hastings
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [HACKERS] SCMS question
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:20:05 -0800

Daniel Carosone wrote:
We see this as another of a class of transformations on file content
that might be performed between the workspace and the "canonical"
database form.  Other variations on this theme include
platform-specific newlines, i18n character-set representations, and
others -- up to and including code reindentation to a "project style",
at least in some people's worldview.

I had a specific proposal along those lines back in December:
    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/monotone-devel/2006-12/msg00079.html
Even so, I was probably not the first.

larry