Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [HACKERS] SCMS question

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [HACKERS] SCMS question
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:19:25 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:09:48 -0800, "Joshua D.
Drake" <address@hidden> said:

jd> I believe that is much more accurate. The reality is, switching to
jd> something else will be painful. I would prefer not to be on CVS as
jd> well but it would take a lot of work and cvs does what we need it
jd> to.

I can only tell you my own story, and that's a story of being sick and
damn (oh, I've a much stronger word, but I'm too polite to use it
here) tired of CVS, especially having had to deal with it's absolute
lack of merging capacity.  It's taken trying a number of other SCMs,
which were all a PITA, until I found monotone, before I decided I had
found a worthy replacement.

To each his or her own, I say, and as you say, chaging (or "moving
on") takes some amount of effort, and you will not do it, as a group,
before more or less all (especially any core group) thinks it's worth
more than staying with the current system.

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

                                                -- C.S. Lewis