Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Policy branches - first steps

From: Paul Crowley
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Policy branches - first steps
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:04:43 +0000

Brian May wrote:
I came in late, but enhancing ssh-agent would be a good thing IMHO.

Whatever happens, I really like the model of ssh-agent - if an
attacker gets access to the ssh-agent socket, they cannot use this to
get access to the private key or password - so the damage is limited
to the duration they have access to the socket.

Yes, I also like this model a lot - to my mind the only good options are using ssh-agent or replacing it. Both have their advantages. It's my belief that a more capable replacement for ssh-agent is desperately needed, but I'm trying not to foist mission creep onto Monotone where I can help it - I worry about those ninjas :-)
--
  __
\/ o\ Paul Crowley, address@hidden