Re: [Monotone-devel] Announce: DisTract - Distributed Bug Tracker based

From: Justin Patrin
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Announce: DisTract - Distributed Bug Tracker based on Monotone
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:58:32 -0700

On 4/23/07, Matthew Sackman <address@hidden> wrote:
DisTract is a Distributed Bug Tracker.

We're all now familiar with working with distributed software control
systems, such as Monotone, Git, Darcs, Mercurial and others, but bug
trackers still seem to be fully stuck in the centralised model:
Bugzilla and Trac both have single centralised servers. This is
clearly wrong, as if you're able to work on the Train, off the
network and still perform local commits of code then surely you should
also be able to locally close bugs too.

FYI, for those interested in this idea there's also the Mylar Eclipse
extension which deals with local bug updates for bugzilla, trac, and
jira. I have had very little success getting it to actually make
changes to bugs in jira but I'm pretty sure that bugzilla works.

BTW, Mylar is really about context-tracking and I'm finding it quite
useful for all sorts of code.
http://www.eclipse.org/mylar/

(No, I'm not a developer of Mylar, just a recent user enjoying it. :-)

--
Justin Patrin