[Monotone-devel] Re: Announce: DisTract - Distributed Bug Tracker based

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Announce: DisTract - Distributed Bug Tracker based on Monotone
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:57:09 +0100

Paul Crowley <address@hidden> writes:

> Bruce Stephens wrote:
>> However, I'm not really sure that would work better, except that it
>> would permit offline access---which is worth something, but I'm not
>> sure how much it's worth.
>
> The big win is really having version control at all.  Treating each
> bug as a collaboratively edited document is just the Right Thing; it
> means that history and merging are correctly handled, reducing the
> number of "mid-air collision" complaints in a natural way.

Yes, that makes sense for bugs that are particularly active.  I'm just
thinking of how we use bugzilla and Trac at work, and conflicts over
bugs just don't happen: the existing approach of adding comments to
bugs works just fine.

Quite possibly in other environment using version control would be a
significant win.

[...]