Re: [Monotone-devel] Announce: DisTract - Distributed Bug Tracker based

From: Matthew Sackman
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Announce: DisTract - Distributed Bug Tracker based on Monotone
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:52:11 +0100

Hi!

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 11:29:43PM +0200, Thomas Keller wrote:
> I downloaded Distract two days ago and noticed that I need the Glasgow
> Haskell compiler, which took some hours to port install on my OSX =)
> Now, today I finally found some spare time to actually play around with
> DisTract, after building the dependencies.

Ok, there certainly are some binaries for OS X from the ghc homepage:
http://haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_66.html

> Since I'm not at all involved in the Haskell community, my first
> question is: Is there somewhere a tgz available for the filepath lib?
> I've helped myself doing wget -m -np
> http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/filepath/ since I was way too lazy to
> install and learn darcs =)

Sure! The haskell community is unsurprisingly rather keen on using
darcs! The problem with filepath is that it's about to become part of
the base libraries that come with ghc - it'll be in ghc from ghc 6.6.1
for which there are release candidates available. So long as you've got
and installed something which appears as "filepath-1.0" if you do a:
# ghc-pkg list
then you're set to go.

> Furthermore I didn't notice that you've published a new release 0.1.1
> which apparently should make the install process less error prone (I
> didn't reload my web page), however I'm already having a problem with
> this in the configure step:
>
> $ runghc Setup.hs configure
>
> Setup.hs:9:41: Not in scope: `cabalCleanHInstallerDir'
>
> I installed the hinstaller package before successfully. Any idea whats
> wrong here?

Yes: you've got an old version of hinstaller. This is also a library
that I've written and very quickly got heavily revised over the last
couple of days. You need version 2007.4.24 and I bet you have 2007.4.23
or earlier: again, ghc-pkg list will tell you which versions you have
installed. Grab the latest hinstaller from
http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/hinstaller
which should be 2007.4.24.

However! I'm just about to release 0.1.2 of DisTract which fixes some
more bugs. Literally, give me 15 minutes!

Matthew
--
Matthew Sackman
http://www.wellquite.org/