Re: [Monotone-devel] xmtn: Emacs integration via DVC

From: Christian Ohler
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] xmtn: Emacs integration via DVC
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:56:51 +0200

Thomas Moschny, 2007-04-12:

On Tuesday 03 April 2007, Christian Ohler wrote:

Pressing C-x V = will bring up the tree diff buffer.  (What monotone
calls a "workspace" is called a "tree" in DVC.)  This buffer shows the
list of all modified files in the tree as well as the diffs for those
files.  Use j to jump back and forth between the name of a file in the
list and the diffs for that file.  Use RET with point inside a diff
hunk to go to the corresponding file at the corresponding position.

Using the j key works fine. However, the highlighting suggests that jumping to the hunk currently under the mouse would be possible using mouse-2, but pressing the middle button over the (highlighted) file name gives me a "diff-beginning-of-hunk: Can't find the beginning of the hunk" message.

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this.  My mouse only has buttons 1 and 3.
:)

More seriously, you're clicking on one of the highlighted (blue for me) filenames near the top of the buffer, and Emacs gives you that error? Or are you clicking on a filename in a diff header? (Are they getting highlighted on your system? Not on mine...) Does the same thing happen when you move point onto that filename and hit RET? Could you post a backtrace of that error, please? (M-x toggle-debug-on-error)