Re: [Monotone-devel] basic_io inventory (was xmtn: Emacs integration via

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] basic_io inventory (was xmtn: Emacs integration via DVC)
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 21:52:57 -0600

Thomas Keller wrote:
> Yep, I'm interested in the content hashes. But apparently some people
> think this would generate too much overhead. I have no strong personal
> feelings for/against that feature, so its entirely optional.

They have already been computed and are available so adding them
shouldn't be any overhead.

A couple of questions come to mind though. Would you like the *current*
content hash, the *original* content hash from the parent roster, or
both? Also, what would be good for missing files, where the current
content hash is unavailable?

Cheers,
Derek