Re: [Monotone-devel] Packages for Debian testing

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Packages for Debian testing
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 09:39:25 -0700

On 7/7/07, Ludovic Brenta <address@hidden> wrote:
By "scripts" I simply mean the contents of the debian/ subdirectory.

Ah, well, I'd be using the stuff currently in debian/ on net.venge.monotone.

The way I see it working under ideal conditions is that the -1 release
for any given upstream release has an empty (but present) Debian diff,
and subsequent Debian releases accumulate changes in the diff.  We can
also bring forward Debian-specific changes in the diff if necessary
(e.g. the current removal of -DBOOST_SP_DISABLE_THREADS).

I am not inclined to use a patch system, as I don't expect divergence
from upstream sufficient to warrant it.  We are currently using cdbs;
I wouldn't object to switching to a pure debhelper arrangement.  I
don't mind it myself but I know there are lots of people who don't
like cdbs.

zw