Re: [Monotone-devel] Packages for Debian testing

From: Shaun Jackman
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Packages for Debian testing
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 11:03:45 -0600

On 7/7/07, Zack Weinberg <address@hidden> wrote:
On 7/7/07, Ludovic Brenta <address@hidden> wrote:
> I looked at the changelog, and indeed it has branches.  For example
> the current changelog (0.33-2) does not list 0.31-8 (or -7) at all.

Argh.

Okay. So maybe it's not as simple as uploading the version from
experimental to unstable. I forgot to include the translations added
in -7 and -8.

Double argh, and IMO entirely destroys the point of doing 0.33-2 at
all; it was supposed to be built against 1.33.1, to avoid those
problems and the known bugs in monotone <=0.35 when boost 1.34 is in
use!

... however, I have just installed the 0.33-2 package from unstable,
and it sure *looks* like it's built against boost 1.33; are you sure?

My Deb-fu was lacking. I built the i386 binary to use boost 1.33.1
from testing. However, all the buildd architecture binaries will be
built from unstable using boost 1.34. If monotone 0.33 is buggy with
boost 1.34, this is an RC bug and 0.33 will not migrate to testing. If
that's the case, you may as well upload 0.35.

In the mean time, i386 users can use the 0.33 binary in unstable.

Cheers,
Shaun